My 2015-16 NBA All-Star Ballot

With less than two weeks before the polls close, I finally decided that it was time to cast my vote for the 2015-2016 NBA All-Star Game.   


Quick Comments & Reasoning
1. As mentioned numerous times before, I really hate the "frontcourt and backcourt" ballot that's being used now. Power Forwards and Centers don't get the same amount of recognition as other positions and I find it unfair to penalize the players for that. 

2. The NBA All-Star Game is about celebrating the best players from the respective season, which is why I refuse to vote for Kobe Bryant. His career is glorious and was good for the NBA overall, but let's not lose sight of what this game is all about. 

3. Based on the first two statements, I think the votes for:
Eastern Conference
SF LeBron James
C Andre Drummond
Western Conference
PG Stephen Curry
SG James Harden
SF Kevin Durant
PF Anthony Davis 
C DeMarcus Cousins 

are all extremely obvious. 

4. It seems like everyone hates James Harden, but he's easily the best shooting guard in the Western Conference. Eccentric hate on a player shouldn't override his talents. I still believe he should've been the MVP last year. It wouldn't make sense for him to not even start an All-Star game. Also, keep in mind that he's the only Rockets player that isn't underachieving this year. 

5. Kyrie Irving is my favorite player, but there's absolutely no reason that he should be starting in this game. He missed most of the first three months of the season and struggled in the first week he came back. He's been back to his phenomenal self since, but don't let a handful of great performances cloud your judgment. On the other hand, John Wall has been putting up good numbers for pretty much the entire season. Even when he was having a "rough start", Wall still averaged 16 ppg & 8 apg.  

6. Although he most certainly played like an All-Star starter this season, Paul George didn't get my vote. If you look at the Indiana Pacers depth chart, you'll see that he starts at Small Forward. Unfortunately for him, LeBron James plays the same position. 

7. Jimmy Butler didn't get the recognition he deserves prior to his recent extraordinary performances (42 points[40 in the second half] vs Toronto, and 32 & 10 vs Milwaukee). I still believe that he's one of the hardest 1-on-1 matchups in the game. 

8. Picking a Power Forward in the East was really hard for me. It was down to Kevin Love and Paul Milsap, with the latter ultimately winning my vote. Milsap's numbers seem to be slightly better across the board. 



Songs that played on my Pandora music station while writing this:
More than a Feeling - Boston 
Totalimmortal - AFI 
Take me Home Tonight - Eddie Money 
Through Glass - Stone Sour 
My Town - Hollywood Undead
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment